Sunday, May 25, 2008

It's Memorial Day Weekend - time to hit The Pool!

My favorite occasions to be in the city are on long holiday weekends and weekends during the summer. Why? Because everyone else leaves! And NYC operating with half its usual population is without a doubt THE BEST place on earth...

As a special bonus, the weather this weekend has been awesome, so in the spirit of Memorial Day weekend, Ella and I decided to hit The Pool! No, no...not a traditional pool (though Ella would undoubtedly love a swim), but rather the beautiful and serene refuge on the northwest side of Central Park called "The Pool".

Here are some highlights...

The water looks almost tropical, doesn't it? I can assure you, however, that we are NOT in the Caribbean and that water is NOT the kind you'd want to take a dip in...


Lush green grass to roll around in and more sticks than you could, well, shake a stick at...any lil pup's dream come true...


Here's Ella posing pretty in front of Glen Span Arch...


Ella in the grass, just before she proceeded to eat and/or dig up most of it...




Ella, basking in the sunshine...


Ella, fortunately distracted by something in the distance....otherwise the frame after this one would be of her in the water swimming after those ducks...


Ella asked for me to take her from this angle. She's experimenting with various modely poses. Diva.


"Whatchu talkin 'bout momma? Oh no we are NOT leaving...I haven't even chased any squirrels up a tree yet!"


And here's Ella, trying to make a run for freedom. She made it 5.5 feet just before the leash pulled her taught. She always forgets about that damned leash. And I have the arm muscles and nylon burn/scratch marks on my wrists and hands to prove it!

No comments:

Mac or PC?

I am not ashamed to say that I am a dork. An internet geek. Next to Ella, my computer is my best friend. And it's one of the best fri...