Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Ehh…roll over, schmoll over…

I think it’s safe to say that neither Ella nor myself is a pro at this obedience stuff yet. But I’m motivated to keep trying because she’s so freaking cute when she’s doing it, and she’s motivated to keep trying because no matter how well she does, she knows she’s going to get praise, treats, and lots of belly rubs.

There are certain obedience tasks that I look at much in the same manner that I used to look at some school subjects like Calculus – impressive to show that you’ve mastered it, but not particularly relevant to everyday life as an adult. I’d definitely put “roll over” in that same category. “Sit”, “Stay”, “Fetch”…now those are pretty critical to daily functioning, but “roll over”? Not likely Ella will need to bust out that move too often unless she happens to have caught fire. And after you see this clip, I think you’ll agree with me when I say, THANK GOODNESS…


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the hand signals are working great! She's such a smart lil pup :-)

Tricia said...

Well we're getting there! And the hand signals really do help, so thanks for the tip!

Mac or PC?

I am not ashamed to say that I am a dork. An internet geek. Next to Ella, my computer is my best friend. And it's one of the best fri...